Pepperland Marketing is a growth-driven agency with offices located in Cheshire, Connecticut. Founded in 2015, we’ve got deep experience in helping our clients located across the country identify and understand the challenges and opportunities their businesses are facing—and in using that understanding, to craft sales and marketing strategies that excel.
We are looking for an energetic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist to join our team! This person will be responsible for working with multiple clients to increase organic traffic levels from search engines in support of their sales and marketing goals. A perfect candidate will have deep familiarity with Google’s guidelines and SEO best practices, a track record of growing organic website traffic through white-hat tactics and strategies, and a blend of technical, creative, and analytical skills.
In addition to supporting our clients, you will be responsible for identifying and executing opportunities to improve our company’s own presence in search results in order to improve our reach with prospective clients across all stages of their journey.
You will be constantly learning and adapting to new, best practices, and brainstorming and experimenting with new approaches. This is a perfect position for someone who has a passion for marketing, excellent communication skills, and a drive and enthusiasm to learn and try new things.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish goals for organic traffic growth based on current site impressions, clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions and an understanding of the client’s goals and needs.
- Optimize website page copy and landing page experiences to improve the content’s relevance to the targeted searcher’s query, ensure compliance with search engine guidelines and best practices, and to help the client gain a competitive advantage.
- Perform ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities.
- Performing technical SEO analysis of client websites. Utilize a combination of manual investigation and SEO tools to identify issues and opportunities, and then pursue a solution.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Develop and implement link building strategies.
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to identify and help create high-quality content around important, relevant terms.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO and major search engines.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Thorough knowledge of how search engines crawl, render, index and rank website pages and content.
- Experience with a data-driven SEO analysis and optimization.
- Ability to think strategically, be self-directed, and drive solid results to grow the business
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork
- Exceptional oral, written, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an eagerness to work as a member of a team
Remote, In-Person (Cheshire, CT), or a Hybrid
The Application Process:
Send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this position. We value professionalism, creativity, and most importantly, a passion for search or marketing. Let us know what excites you most about inbound marketing. If you’re selected as a finalist, we will invite you to interview with our team.
About Pepperland: Pepperland Marketing is an inbound marketing agency that helps universities, schools, and businesses increase traffic and generates new high-quality leads, inquiries, and applicants.
Our deep expertise in SEO, content marketing, and all things inbound has helped us to generate millions of new visitors for our clients, hundreds of thousands of leads, and game-changing insights.
Location: 120 Elm St. Cheshire, CT