The Stack is a weekly podcast where we share and discuss the latest trends, news, and content from the world of marketing, sales, and tech. In each episode, Sean, Tim, and Ryan sit down to chat about the hard-hitting questions related to sales, marketing, and tech. You can subscribe on iTunes, Soundcloud, Spotify, and Google Play Music.
In this episode, we talk about Google Docs new API, the debut of LinkedIn Live, and a guide to social media algorithm. We would love to hear your thoughts so make sure to comment or tweet us at @Sylvestrer1, @SeanHenri, and @Tendrecroppes or @PepperlandMKTG.
Download our free Social Media Pre-Publishing Checklist
At long last, Google has released a Google Doc API to revolutionize automation. These new API’s will help automate manual tasks that many companies are faced with on a daily basis. If you are constantly creating documents with information from third-party apps, Google’s new API’s will be a lifesaver.
“This API lets you read and write documents pro-grammatically so that you can integrate data from various sources leveraging the power of Google Docs.”
- If you need an easy way to plug in information, the new API can help generate invoices or contracts.
- This will allow you to create important documentation in bulk.
- Tasks that used to take up a lot of time will now have an automated process.
Ingrid Lunden for TechCrunch
LinkedIn has finally joined the video party and will be debuting LinkedIn Live. It’s likely that the LinkedIn’s live feature will have a different purpose than most other platforms. Their professional environment will hopefully urge larger companies to give announcements, industry leaders to participate in Q&A’s, and other influential announcements
“Video is the fastest growing format on our platform right now, and the one most likely to get people talking,”
-Pete Davies – Director of Product Management at LinkedIn
- This feature will be coming to the U.S. first and will be invite only.
- LinkedIn is expected to post a contact form for other who want to join in on a live video.
- This will be opening new doors for advertising opportunities.
Stephen Davies for Stedavies.com
If you have ever been scrolling through your Instagram, Facebook or Twitter feed, you may noticed something interesting from a company or user you have never seen or heard before.
Well, you can thank the social media algorithms constantly trying to push things they think we find interesting in our faces. Where would I be without Facebook’s algorithm putting tons of golden retrievers videos in my news feed?
“When you search online, scroll through your social feeds or receive song recommendations from Spotify, you are being guided by an algorithm that understands your consumption habits perhaps more than you do.”
- Social media algorithms, like Google algorithms, are constantly updating and conducting testing.
- With each social platform, it is important to focus on the content quality scoring phase. If you can’t get past here, why bother posting?
- Each platform has something different you should watch out for but consistent posting is important throughout.
The Lightning Round: What We’re Reading This Week
In this section, we quickly run through some other updates that we didn’t have enough time to deep-dive on, but we still felt were noteworthy.
- An SEO’s Guide to Using Robots Exclusion Protocol
- Many Popular iPhone Apps Secretly Record Your Screen Without Asking
- Yoast To Add Live Indexing With Bing & Google
- How to Improve Your Instagram Story Engagement
Listen or watch for new episodes each Friday, or check out the archives to watch past episodes on-demand. Like what you hear? Leave us a review or let us know in the comments!