If you’re just getting started with blogging and inbound marketing for your college or university, you may be overwhelmed with the amount of content that you’ll need to create. Writing a blog post or two or three a week is a great way to begin ranking for search terms and attracting visitors to your website, but it’s also an easy way to run out of ideas. (And it’s kind of hard to write blog posts if you don’t have any more ideas, isn’t it?)
When the idea well runs dry, it can be a big sag on productivity and motivation. After all, a good blog topic and title are what you need to attract your prospective students to your site. But what’s a higher ed marketer to do when they honestly can’t think of any topics to write about?
If this describes you, then you’re in luck. Below are 50 blog title examples that your admissions or enrollment marketing team can use to jumpstart your content efforts the next time you run out of ideas or need a kick in the right direction.
Free Toolkit – Create Student Personas For Your School
(Editor’s Note: Keep in mind that search engines don’t like duplicate content. These blog titles are meant to be inspiration for your own content creation efforts, not word-for-word titles. Make sure that you tweak them as necessary so that your content stands out from your competition, who could very well be working off of this same list!)
- XX Facts to Know Before Applying to [UNIVERSITY or PROGRAM]
- XX FAQs for an Admissions Counselor
- XX Secrets College Admissions Teams Don’t Want You to Know
- Your Summer-Before-College Bucket List
- XX College Admissions Essay Writing Tips
- XX Tips for Choosing the Best Fit College
- College Application Mistakes to Avoid
- How to Pick the Right College: XX Steps
- Nail your College Interview in XX Steps
- Don’t Do This at your College Interview
- XX Tips for Grad School Applicants
- Aligning Your Future Career Path to a Grad School Degree
- Pros and Cons of Taking a Gap Year Between High School and College
- The Incoming College Freshman Summer Checklist
- XX Ways to Impress the College Admissions Team
- Extracurricular Activities that Impress Admissions Teams (and Which to Avoid)
- Use Your Desired Major to Choose the Right School
- Questions to Ask on a College Tour
- What’s “Rescinded Acceptance”? And How to Avoid It
- Turning Your Favorite Hobby Into an Attractive Extracurricular Activity
- What Not to Do on a College Tour
- Choose Your College Major in XX Steps
- What’s a Minor, and Do I Need to Declare One?
- Matching Job Titles to Humanities Degrees
- Declaring the Right Minor for Your Career Path
- College Clubs: XX Things for the Freshman to Consider
- Your College Dorm Checklist
- XX Fun Ways to Get Ready to Go Off to College
- XX Ways to Prepare for Your Freshman Year
- Use Social Media to Help, Not Hurt, Your College Admission
- XX Things I Wish I Knew Before Choosing my Current School
- How Scholarships Affect Financial Aid
- What are Federal Grants and Do You Have to Pay Them Back?
- The Difference Between Public and Private Scholarships
- The College Search: Why Choose Private Over Public
- High School Senior? Here are XX Universities You Should Be Following on Social
- Admitted, But Deferred: Why Universities Ask You to Start in January
- XX Reasons to Take Internship Credits
- Graduate Early Without Overloading Yourself With Classes: XX Steps
- Going out of State: XX Reasons to Leave Home for School
- XX Reasons to Go to a Small College
- XX Reasons to Go to a Large University
- XX Places to Travel Before College
- Liberal Arts vs. Research University: Choosing What’s Right Based on Major
- Do I Have to Stick With it? Advice from XX People Who Changed Their Majors After Freshman Year
- Take Summer Courses Without Ruining Your Entire Break
- XX Steps to Avoiding Credits that Don’t Count
- Taking College Credits in High School: Cut Undergrad Costs While Learning the Ropes
- XX Tips for Working Full Time While in School
- Making Connections: XX Ways to Align Your Part-Time Job With Your Major
Exhaustive Doesn’t Need to be Exhausting!
Phew! There you have it. 50 blog title ideas for higher education that you can use as inspiration in your own blogging efforts. Share this list with your team and collaborate to identify which titles would work best in each stage of your prospective students’ journey towards enrollment. Or, use these titles simply as brainstorming material to put an original spin on some great bulk content.
Need some more ideas on howto jazz up your content creation efforts? Check out our list of free and cheap tools that all content marketers should be using.